Joomla Content Editor JCE and Google Chrome Not Working

October 9, 2012

Not best bedfellows it turns out. I’ve been banging my head against a Joomla site all morning, trying to get formatting to stick that I’d applied on pages and it just kept getting wiped out. I use JCE as the editor on the site in question and forgot I was using the Google Chrome browser. After far too much perseverence I changed to using Firefox and as usual everything started running smoothly again. Firefox 1 Chrome 0.

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

Lantz September 29, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Yip I am having the same problem. It drives me nuts as clients expect me to make sure the stuff work in there browser, I did not develop the browser so I can’t help. :)

romain March 4, 2014 at 7:30 am

Yeah same problem here, with joomla 5.15 and JCE using last chrome version , unpossible to work properly, had to go back to mozilla

John Abbott August 5, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Yes, this is correct. You pretty much have to use Firefox with JCE. Chrome will not format text right, pasted in text is a total mess. Pictures, margins and captions all don’t end up right either. JCE is pretty much unusable with Chrome.

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post:

microsoft search engines